McFarling Monday: On Great Day LIVE! El Torazo Mexican RestaurantOctober 11, 2021
McFarling Monday: On Great Day LIVE! Home Run Burgers & FriesOctober 25, 2021
- Eating and drinking places saw 29,000 new jobs added in September, according to the Department of Labor’s report released Friday.
- The restaurant industry’s unemployment rate of 7.5% is still well above pre-pandemic levels.
- Higher turnover rates have also hurt the industry’s ability to staff restaurants fully.
MEAT OR NO MEAT?
- While there is no denying that plant-based foods are having a moment, conventional meat is still a required menu option to appeal to the majority of diners.
TRENDS FOR 2022
Predicting the major food trends of 2022 and keeping up with customer demand is more important now than ever before. So what’s next?
- When choosing a limited-service restaurant for an order or a visit, diners are increasingly prioritizing elements that speak to convenience such as speed and accuracy.
- Expect equipment delays continuing into 2022.The current issue is due largely to a lack of drivers.
- Why is it happening?
“There isn’t one fault and there’s not one solution.”
Insightful commentary from Wisconsin Restaurant Association President and CEO Kristine Hillmer.