COVID-19 (Coronavirus) InformationMarch 16, 2020
Food Drop Friday: On Channel 13 WTHRApril 3, 2020
Additional programs put in place to help those in need
Food Drop Friday kicks off on Friday, April 3, 2020
To salute our local frontline heroes during the outbreak of COVID-19 virus, McFarling Foods is proud to pay a special tribute to these tireless men and women with their new program: Food Drop Friday. The first food drop will take place on Friday, April 3, 2020 at IU Health North Hospital in Carmel, 11700 N. Meridian Street, at 10:30 a.m. and will honor hospital emergency room workers.
Each Friday Food Drop, McFarling Foods will partner with one of their local restaurant clients. The first food drop will feature food favorites from Rachel’s Hi-Way Café.
“As an employee-owned business that’s been a vital part of the Indianapolis community for over 70 years, we are thrilled to kick off Food Drop Friday. It’s a way for us to say thanks to these incredible people doing the hardest work to keep our citizens safe and healthy,” says Jason Acquisto, Marketing Manager at McFarling Foods. “It’s a small way we can give back to these Indy heroes, and our community in general.”
In addition to Food Drop Friday, McFarling Foods stepped up in other ways to help others with the following projects:
- In partnership with 317 Burger (a McFarling Foods customer) donated500 lunches to feed 100 families through Faith Hope and Love Inc. food pantry.
- Donated thousands of dollars worth of ready to eat food products, customized for the needs of local youth organization Groundwork Indy
- Preparation and delivery of food products for Indianapolis homebound citizens via Second Helpings
- Ongoing exploration of specific opportunities to meet needs of local Hispanic community in partnership with Radio Latina WEDJ-FM 107.1
- Produce, donate and deliver large vinyl banners and yard signs for McFarling Foods local restaurant customers to promote their shift to takeout business
“We’re proud of our employees and their commitment to helping those in need,” says Acquisto. “There’s a joyous spirit when your actions bring smiles to people going through a rough time.”
McFarling Foods, locally owned and operated since 1948, is a full-service broadline food distributor located in Indianapolis serving Central Indiana restaurants and community organizations. McFarling Foods offers their clients the freshest ingredients necessary to remain and become successful in the food service industry.
For more info visit: mcfarlingfoods.com #McFarlingFeedsIndy #sharingiscaring