McFarling Foods Salutes Local Police OfficersApril 15, 2020
Food Drop Friday: Highlighted Fox 59April 24, 2020
Food Drop Friday on Friday, April 24, 2020
To salute local frontline heroes during the outbreak of COVID-19 virus, locally owned McFarling Foods is proud to pay a special tribute to these heroes with their new program: Food Drop Friday. The next food drop will be a “triple stop”, and take place on Friday, April 24, 2020. McFarling will make stops at three locations, honoring Fortville Police Department (714 E Broadway St in Fortville), Fortville Fire Department (600 Vitality Drive in Fortville) and Pendleton Police Department at 550 N. Pendleton Ave in Pendleton, all between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 pm.
Broadway Diner in Fortville (one of McFarling Foods clients) will provide individual meals for the police and fire department personnel.
“Food Drop Friday gives us a chance to say ‘thank you’ to the front line heroes and public servants in our communities”, says Jason Acquisto, Marketing Manager at McFarling Foods. “It’s important to do all we can for each other during these difficult times.”
In addition to Food Drop Friday, McFarling Foods continued to find new ways to help the community this week, including
- Donation of hundreds of food kit boxes to the Miami Nation Food Pantry to support Native American families that have been particularly hard hit by the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Donation of several thousand food preparation and safe handling gloves to Fishers Parks Department for use in the upcoming Fishers Farmer’s Market
- Development of partnership with the Restaurant Workers Relief Program, including an initial donation of 150 cases of food and food products (ready-to-eat meals, fresh protein, produce, non-perishables, etc.)
- New initiative to partner with Dayspring Center, for providing food relief to homeless families in Central Indiana
- Initiation of program to aid Noblesville Youth Assistance Program, in providing food assistance to school age youth in Hamilton County.
McFarling Foods, locally owned and operated since 1948, is a full-service broadline food distributor located in Indianapolis serving Central Indiana restaurants and community organizations. McFarling Foods offers their clients the freshest ingredients necessary to remain and become successful in the food service industry.
For more info visit: mcfarlingfoods.com #McFarlingFeedsIndy #SharingIsCaring